Sunday 14 November 2010

Whats wrong with a good old normal classic phone?

Hello Blogger,
Its Sunday afternoon here, and I've just returned from Argos with a new phone. I've been struggling for a while recently after selling my iPhone, to find a good durable nice phone. I've been borrowing my brothers Sony Ericsson for a while now and overall its great, with music player and loads of other little extras, but I hate texting on it as it takes years without the qwerty keyboard. So I spent some time researching to find a cheap simple phone, that has a good qwery keyboard. And I discovered the perfect answer, Alcatel and Vodafone have come up with great phones, that are cheap, effective, and have a qwerty keyboard. Alcatel came up with the OT-255, a simple little phone, with a nice blue colour, and a sweet qwerty keyboard. Yes, I admit, it lacks many functions, like Facebook or a huge 10mp camera. But it's great for what it is, A PHONE. Plus its only £20.





The other option, which is the phone I got, is the Vodafone VF345. Its a nice little neat phone, with a good black shell, simple functions, and its even got a qwerty keyboard. And guess how much it cost? £10. Yes that's right, a phone with FM radio, calling (WOOOWW!) AND a qwerty keyboard for £10. Thats a deal.


If I'm honest, its just a temporary phone until my mum up grades and I receive her Blackberry. But even if I wasn't getting her Blackberry, I still wouldn't waste money on an expensive phone. You take something like the Samsung Genio Touch. Its a good phone, with cool widgets and what not, but it lacks that essential thing for me, a qwerty keyboard. Even a touchscreen qwerty keyboard. And it costs around £80. I just don't see the point.



I loved the days when people would walk around with there crappy little Nokia's.


There phones, thats it. If you want a social networking device, or internet access, get a laptop. I think with phones, its all about the look, if they look good, if they are cool, not if they are a good reliable phone. I do admit, however, I'm stilling looking forward to that Blackberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment