Friday 3 December 2010

The E-book reader from Barnes and Noble

Before Monday I hadn't heard of Barnes and Noble, the American book shop, I was told about it by my math teacher while doing a math exercise, where we got paired together using the two names of companies, I was Noble, and another math student was Barnes. I had no idea what this was, but I soon found out. Anyway, now, I've just been checking out e-book readers online, and I've found the biggest competitor to the Amazon kindle and the Apple iPad, the Nook Barnes and Noble Ebook reader, which can come with Wifi and 3g. I think its a pretty nifty device, and in a lot of ways, I prefer it to the Kindle, however it does have a slightly more expensive price tag. The Nook is available in black and white, and also a colour version. I think that its just a little more advanced version of the kindle. There are somethings that I love about this little device and some things that aren't much different than the other devices. 

First off I like the way that you can get this device in colour or in black and white. This gives the buyer and the reader a choice to what they prefer, and how much they want to spend. One fun aspect to this ebook device is that you can share the books that your reading with your Facebook friends. Another cool thing with this device is that you can read your own PDF's and Microsoft documents on it. You can also add music to it, so that you can read in style. Finally, if you go into a Barnes and Noble store you can get exclusive content from the store.

Now onto what I dislike, theres only a couple things, the main one being the cost and the other thing being that its not available in the UK!

2 comments:

  1. With the iPad already competing with the Kindle, I really don't think this was a good idea. There are already two EBook giants, no one needs this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good thing to have more options available in the ebook market. I wonder how they are about Barnes & Noble purchases. For example, if you buy a book through B&N, can the company retract it like Amazon did to the purchasers of 1984 before they even gave a refund??

    ReplyDelete